Apostle Thomas Ministering

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

God's Heart For America make a wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land that I should not destroy it

"God's Heart for America" Quote from the audio / video
“So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it.” - Ezekiel 22:30

“Lord, what are you asking? I don’t have any way to understand the depth of your grief over America. And you want me to ask for your heart for America?”

About a month ago, just about a month ago when we were in Auckland in New Zealand, the Lord woke me up at about 2 am. And that’s the time He tends to wake me up if He’s got something to say. This was so serious that I did something I very seldom do, I had to get out of bed, kneel by my bed and pray. 

God was dealing with me also but He said to me, “Are you willing to ask me, Jesus, to give you my heart for America?” I said, “Lord,
what are you asking? I don’t have any way to understand the depth of your grief over America. And you want me to ask for your heart for America?” It came to me the word that really sums up the attitude of

Jesus toward America at this time is disappointment. He is disappointed.

He has done for this nation more, I believe, in many ways than He’s ever done for any other nation in human history, spiritually and materially.

And what has been the response of the nation? I think disappointment is the mildest word you could use to express the reaction of Jesus. He said,

“Are you willing to ask me to give you my heart for America?” This is a very real interview. I said after a while, “Lord, the people of America have been so kind to me. They’ve honored me, they’ve supported me, they’ve brought my ministry forth, how could I ever say I won’t ask you to give me your heart for America?” So, I didn’t say that reluctantly, I said, “Okay, Lord, if that’s what you want. Give me your heart for America.”

And a little while later Ruth and I prayed together on that. We said, “Lord, give us your heart for America.” I want to tell you, it’s a broken heart; it’s a heart that’s deeply, deeply grieved. He said, “What more could I have done for that nation than I have done? And see how they’ve responded.”

Now I am aware God has His precious saints in America, many of them.
Some of them are here this morning. But, listen, listen to what God says.
I have to take my glasses off. The problem with wearing glasses is when you cry they get smeared. This is God’s response to the situation that he described.

“So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it.” - Ezekiel 22:30

One man. And one of the most tragic statements in the Bible was:

“I found no one. [Not even one man. And He said:] Therefore I have poured out my indignation on them. I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath, and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads.”


Notice that “therefore.” 
If I could have found one man I could have spared them. 
How is it with you? 
Can the Lord find somebody?
More than one person? 
Can the Lord say to His church,
 “Will you stand before me in the gap for this land? 
Will you make up a wall that I do not have to pour out 
the last drops of my wrath upon them?”

That’s a question I’m asking you this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment